Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cupcake d'jour

So lately Stephanie has been finding some sort of scrumptious dessert on one of the many blogs that she reads on a daily basis. The other day she said that she found some hostess cupcake recipe that she wanted to try out. This was a little weird considering that she doesn't really like chocolate cake...at all. So while I was at work yesterday, she sends me a text with all of the ingredients that we would need for her to make these cupcakes. I filled the order and brought them home after work. Later she made them, and they turned out pretty darn good....I mean look at them, how could they be bad. She made a small army of them. They are almost gone.


P.S. - We got a new camera, its pretty sweet...it actually takes a lot nicer pictures than the camera that I bought like 10 years ago. But thanks to Mom and Bryce and McKenzie for the Amazon gift cards for our birthdays that made that one possible. -George

And here it is... I found it on this website... http://www.somewhatsimple.com

•••Hostess Cupcakes•••

Cupcakes:
• 1 box cake chocolate cake mix (or your favorite cake recipe)
• water, eggs and oil called for on the cake mix box

Filling:
• 1 cup whipped vanilla frosting
• 1/2 cup marshmallow creme

Frosting:
• 1 cup whipped chocolate frosting
• 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 2 tsp. corn syrup
• 3 Tblsp. whipped vanilla frosting (for the loops)

1. Bake cupcakes according to directions on package. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, continue to cool on cooling rack for another 30 minutes or until cooled completely.

2. With end of round handle of wooden spoon, make deep, 1/2-inch-wide indentation in center of each cupcake, not quite to the bottom (wiggle end of spoon in cupcake to make opening large enough). You could also use a melon baller to scoop out the middle of the cupcakes, instead of the spoon method. In small bowl, mix 1 cup vanilla frosting and the marshmallow creme. Spoon into small resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut 3/8-inch tip off 1 bottom corner of bag (I used decorating bag and Wilton tip #12). Insert tip of bag into each cupcake and squeeze bag to fill.

3. In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate frosting, chocolate chips and corn syrup uncovered on High 30 seconds; stir. Microwave 15 to 30 seconds longer; stir until smooth. Dip top of each cupcake in frosting. Let stand until frosting is set.

4. Spoon 3 tablespoons vanilla frosting into decorating bag or small resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut tiny tip off 1 bottom corner of bag (I used Wilton tip #5). Pipe loops on each cupcake.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wait...I'm still in shock here, how in the heck did you get George to post on here? I have to pull Tatton's teeth to get him to even read our family blog.

Good form George, good form!

I'm excited to see you soon. We've missed you two!

from head 2 toe said...

Yummmy! Pass the recipie along!

Casey said...

Beautiful Steph! I want the recipe :)

Suzanne & Andrew Dupuis said...

Way to go!!! And Jamie... is this REALLY you?? I have never heard you use the word "scrumptious" :) Love you both!