I have had a few people ask me to blog about how it allll went down with the labor and delivery of our sweet boy. SO here is it is, if you are uninterested in the details check out the post below which includes all the need to know details.
So here we go...
March 25, 2012
3:30pm ish- George and I are watching some thing on TV, i'm thinking it was Frozen Planet... i feel i strange pain, and think to myself that was weird. Then about 15 mins later it happened again... OK so now i start paying attention and low and behold HOLY CRAP i am having contractions regular, timely, uncomfortable contractions.
5:00 pm- finally tell George I am having contractions every 10 mins. I go lay down. I did not want to go to the hospital until i was for sure in labor... I had a fear of going to the hospital and then being set home.
7:30 pm- OK FINE lets go to the hospital...
8:15 pm- dilated to a 2... bad blood pressures
9:15 pm run labs blood pressure still high
10:15 pm- Doctor will not let me go home because of the high blood pressure so we are transferred to a delivery room and we start the induction process in order to get things moving right along.
March 26, 2012
12:30 am- Dr comes in and gives me Cervatil. I am then left alone so that Cervatil can do its job. I am still having contractions every 5 mins that are getting more and more uncomfortable and I did not sleep one little bit that night.
10:30 am- Checked again I was at about a 5-6. REJOICE!! I really really wanted to get at least half way before i got an epidural so she says i'm at a 5
and I have to really stop myself from jumping for joy.
11:20 am- Epidural is given and I am checked again about about 7 with a "paper thin" cervix. With the epidural i was finally able to get some rest.
1:30pm- broke my water... ut oh baby boy has pooh himself, we will have to keep on eye on that.
2:30 pm- Started on pitocin
3:30 pm- At a 10 and ready to push!
4:30 pm- Start pushing (we had to wait for the doctor). Pushing was an out of body kind of experience, I can not even put it into words. I was very quiet, my mom said "don't be afraid to make noise" I was very clam through out the whole thing, its still very surreal to even think about.
5:25 pm- We have a baby! 7 pounds 14 ounces 20 3/4 inches. The nurse said that most first time moms have to push for a long time like 3 hours some times... I was NOT going to let that happen, I was watching the clock like a crazy person. I knew that if it went over an hour i was going to have issues. The closer we got to that hour mark the more and more determined I got in my pushing.
IT WAS amazing! I could not have asked for a better labor. I did not want pitocin but i was only on it for about 2 hours and i felt ok with that.
George was a champ and was way more involved then he thought he was going to be, he was a fantastic leg holder and he was amazing face wiper (I was SOOOOO hot and sweaty, it was gross).
And now we have a sweet baby boy! We just love him. He is amazing and I am in awe of him everyday. I feel blessed to have had such an easy pregnancy and an "easy" labor and delivery. We just love our little Henry more and more everyday!
2 comments:
Congrats! He is such beautiful baby! You look great as a mom. Glad everything went smoothly!
Congratulations! I am glad that you are both doing well. Those pictures of him are cute...it's almost like he is wondering where the heck he is :) Very Cute :)
Post a Comment